Thursday, March 6, 2008

Aunt Mable Gnocchi, Ted Gnocchi, Betty Gnocchi...

Tonight we had roast chicken, salad and gnocchi for dinner. Erika was not that enamored of the gnocchi and only ate a few (she claimed two). In an attempt to get Erika to eat a few more, Bruce pretended that the gnocchi were alive and provided sound effects for each gnocchi.

"That's Uncle Ed. Don't eat him!"
"Oh no, I don't want to go in that big cavern with white teeth!"
"Eeew - girl germs!"

You get the idea. The girls both thought this was hysterical and continued eating the gnocchi for the drama. This went on for a good ten minutes. As a finale, Bruce said "Let's eat the Mommy gnocchi!", stuck his fork in a gnocchi and popped it in his mouth. Sasha took up the theme: "Let's eat a Bruce gnocchi! I'll find a fat one..."

Bruce did not find that quite as hysterical as I did.

No comments: