Monday, October 20, 2008

Hair color

I may need to change my hair color.

As some of you know, I've had my hair darker on the bottom in the back and blond highlights everywhere else for a year or so. At my last hair appointment, I felt it was time to do something different. I decided to increase the dark so that it was under the blond all the way around my head (to help you visualize: if my hair is down, my hair is blond but if I put my hair in ponytail, my hair is dark.) I used to have a brown with gold highlights. This time, I wanted something a bit different, and we added some copper to the brown to make it look more reddish.

This past weekend, Bruce and I went hunting. In the afternoon while waiting for the birds to start flying again, I glanced over at the drake mallard Bruce had gotten earlier. "Oh, my hair is the same color as the mallard breast feathers!"

Now I can't help but think of duck feathers when I look in the mirror. It's really starting to get on my nerves!

Updated 2 Nov. Here is the comparison photo

7 comments:

Letrammm said...

helloooooooo WE WANT PICS!!!!
So did you get any birds?? or are you there just for the view ;) lol

Unknown said...

I'm usually behind camera not in front so I couldn't find any pics. It'll be 2 weeks before there's a chance to get a comparison shot.

Saturday's take was 2 ducks and 2 geese (one mallard, one pintail, one cackler and one snow-front). Sunday we took two mallards, one teal and one widgen. The mallard and widgen were mine (finally). Took a while to calibrate the eye. We have a lot of meat in the fridge!

Letrammm said...

Sharon, please do not talk birds with your sister. Last year we were driving past a field and she said "oh look at the ducks", they were decoys....so by describeing them would not help at all....

Letrammm said...

check our blog out see your sister at her best....lol

Letrammm said...

HA HA HA... and yeah i was thinking blah blah blah on the bird talk there Shaz...lol Glad you got some anyway...birds I mean..

Letrammm said...

NICE DUCK!! WHAT IS IT, A DECOY?? LOL ....OK YES I HAVE TO AGREE, YOUR HAIR IS THE SAME COLOR.. SO WHERE DO YOU HAVE THE GREEN??

Unknown said...

Hmmmm i nvr woulda thot of that...but yes, you do look like a duck =)