Friday, April 10, 2009

What is the actual truth, mom?

Today I got grilled on the way back from the elementary school.

"Mommy, is there really an Easter bunny?"

"What do you think?" I countered.

Sasha waffled. "No, I think you hide the eggs...but, why would parents buy all that candy just for one day? There's no time to get candy at night. Maybe parents just help."

Erika had already made up her mind. "There is no Easter bunny because he's supposed to be magical and we asked for Webkinz last Easter and we didn't get them. I think you hide the eggs."

Sasha continued to debate. "Last year I got up after everyone was asleep and there were no Easter eggs and I stayed up for a while. In the morning there were Easter eggs and I saw bunny prints. And no one was awake. So you couldn't have done it."

Erika pointed out "Well, how come Mom knows where all the eggs are hidden?"

"Come on, mom, what is the actual truth? Don't lie, we want to know. Is the Easter bunny real?"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

GOSH Sharon, NOW you've done it. GOSH. (See? See? Teen expressionist typing ^.^)GOSH.