Last Wednesday, Bruce called me at work and said: "Let's go surfing on Friday." He'd recently gotten a new board and has been frustrated that the weather, surf, and time constraints have not let him try it out yet. He also needed to leave on Sunday for a four day business trip so he wanted us to do something special beforehand.
We chatted a bit about the surf forecast (which was still pretty big but at least not windy and really cold) and he asked me to call Heather to see if she could watch the girls Friday, since they're usually with me. I called later on and she didn't have any plans and could watch them. The one question she had was what time we'd be back. I told her I wasn't exactly sure but probably between 5 and 6 (the girls needed to go to Joe at 6). I told her I would check with Bruce and get back to her.
I called Bruce and I told him that we were good with Heather and that I just needed to get back to her with the time. "Why not have Joe pick them up from Heather? I was thinking we would get a later start" Bruce suggested.
"Why do we need to?" I countered. "We can drop the girls off in the morning and even if we come back by 5, that still gives us 3 hours in the water and then you get to see the girls before leaving for the week." Bruce mentioned using the morning to get ready for his trip (for instance, bringing his suit to the drycleaner and packing) and not having to worry about rushing back. We ended the conversation by saying we'd discuss it later. "And besides, you'll have the girls all to yourself next week."
In our later conversation, Bruce again suggested having Joe pick up the girls from Heather. I was not seeing things his way and frankly, I was not listening. "I still don't understand. You want me to give up time with the girls before a weekend away so you can bring in your dry cleaning? Why can't you do that on Saturday? You're going to have to give me a better reason than that."
Dead silence on the other end for a minute. "Because... I'm planning a surprise weekend at the coast and we're not coming back on Friday."
"Oh."
5 comments:
Actually -
I said I was planning a surprise ROMANTIC weekend at the beach.
Sharon replied
"Oh, I didn't know that. You hadn't told me." She continued with "I wish you hadn't told me, it was supposed to be a surprise. You should have come up with a better excuse."
Bruce
so much for being spontaneous Sharon. See what happens when you marry a control freak! bruce you should of asked your other wife, you wouldn't have so much resistance!! and as for excuses... you should of consulted me on a proper and exceptable excuse Bruce.....LOL
And your response sounds like something I would say..
and another think, what about all these fictitious stories about me and trees and stuff Sharon!!
Bruce,
NEVER EVER consult Meshell on ANYTHING!!!! by the time she came up with an answer you would have been half way to your meeting...
PS... and another thing now anytime you say your going to take your suits to the dry cleaner Sharon will think its a ploy so you can take her on a ROMANTIC weekend....Never show your cards ahead of time if you don't have too....
Mike
Personally, I think this is typical and sooooooo funny. And idk WHY Sharon didn't include the ACTUAL ending on the blog- THAT is what makes it funny!
I would jsut like to say since I can't access facebook froms chool- your profile picture is very well chosen- although the psoe is um...interesting lol
Love you all- cya tonight- oh, and can e go shopping at red/white/blue on Saterday? Thanks! <3 Always/ Sarah
Post a Comment