The weather final broke and got warmer with a bit of sun on Saturday morning so I convinced (guilted) nearly everyone else to take a walk. I almost ate my words as it started pouring rain as soon as we got to the beach. This was soon replaced with hail. I was about ready to head back to the car and noticed that there was a break in the clouds. Eventually the showers passed, the sun came out again and our clothes dried off... kinda.
"The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. " - Richard Bach
Monday, November 29, 2010
Thanksgiving 2010
We spend most of the Thanksgiving weekend at the coast. This year we did low key traditional meal: turkey, stuffing (yummy), gravy, brussel sprouts, and salad. The brussel sprouts were my request. Bruce and I went surfing Thanksgiving morning before the kids were up and about. It was a bit chilly outside at 35 deg but the water was relatively warm at 52 deg. We stayed local and went to Nelscott Beach. Not the best surfing and lots of currents. We spent an hour straight paddling with not too many waves to show for it. But we got wet so we were happy. Needless to say, we got changed back into our clothes quickly.
The weather final broke and got warmer with a bit of sun on Saturday morning so I convinced (guilted) nearly everyone else to take a walk. I almost ate my words as it started pouring rain as soon as we got to the beach. This was soon replaced with hail. I was about ready to head back to the car and noticed that there was a break in the clouds. Eventually the showers passed, the sun came out again and our clothes dried off... kinda.
The happy hikers at the start of our walk. Check out all the seals on the spit in the background. Soon after I took this, they all went into the water.

It looks like someone had built a shelter for this Wigeon. Erika wanted to take it home as a pet. Bruce suggested it was probably injured and we should end it's suffering and eat it.
The weather final broke and got warmer with a bit of sun on Saturday morning so I convinced (guilted) nearly everyone else to take a walk. I almost ate my words as it started pouring rain as soon as we got to the beach. This was soon replaced with hail. I was about ready to head back to the car and noticed that there was a break in the clouds. Eventually the showers passed, the sun came out again and our clothes dried off... kinda.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment