Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Why there's a naked Barbie in my underwear drawer

Sasha's been telling me she's having 'bad dreams' lately, mostly about fire. While I think it's mostly a contrived excuse to try get me to snuggle with them at night, I do believe she is concerned. A couple of weeks ago I found her sleeping with a bag full of her toys. When I asked why she did that, she told me that in the bag were the things she wanted to save in case of a fire.

To help her keep from worrying either about about bad dreams or fires or both, I told her that there was such a thing as a worry doll, to whom you told your worries and then put in a box and the doll will take care of the worry while you sleep. I told her that she could take any doll, tell her bad dreams to it and put it away in a drawer so that she wouldn't have bad dreams. Sasha was willing to give it a shot so she found a doll and whispered her worries in the doll's ear.

And that's how a naked Barbie ended up in my underwear drawer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ilaughed at this post. How long was that poor doo in your drawer? I love hearing about the clan, and look foreward to more posts.
Karen Weaver

Shaz said...

She's actually still there. If it's working, why mess with it?