Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fishing is not catching

Today we took Chris, Sasha and Erika for a youth angling event at St Louis Ponds, a state park about 20 minutes from our house (Sarah was at an all day marching band competition). One of the ponds had been stocked with trout for the event. The kids, especially the girls, were pretty excited about going and catching some fish. They'd been interested in going fishing ever since they caught a few fish in a wading pool at a sportman's show in Canby last year.

The excitement didn't last. The trout weren't biting. Or they weren't biting on our lines. A couple of older seasoned fisherman managed to walk off with about half dozen fish each, but they seemed to be the only ones who caught anything.

Here were the three responses to the morning - match them to the correct child:

A) "This is boring. I think I'm in the wrong spot. There are no fish. I'm going to look for another spot." Repeat at least 5 times in an hour.

B) Spend time trying to analyze what bait, lure, and casting method should be used. Pore over the tackle box.

C) Stand and hold the pole.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A)Erica
B) Chris
C)Sasha
Lol, I'm prolly wrong.

Unknown said...

A) Erika
B) Chris
C) Sasha

that's my guess too..
What do we win anyway?
And Anonymous , what is prolly?
and you thought I spelled bad!. they have spell check on this ya know..